Useful Information about Algeciras
Book Holiday Inn Express Hotel Campo de Gibraltar - Barrios online, today!
Algeciras is a beautiful port city in Andalusia on the Spanish south coast and the largest city on the Bay of Gibraltar. Port of Algeciras is one of the largest, most important and busiest ports in Europe. Algeciras is also the gateway to North Africa with frequent crossings to Morocco and Tangier.
Algeciras metropolitan area includes the municipalities of Los Barrios, La Línea de la Concepción, Castellar de la Frontera, Jimena de la Frontera, San Roque and Tarifa, with a population of 263,739
- Population of Algeciras: > 116 209 inhabitants (2009)
- Population of Algeciras Metropolitan area: > 263 739 inhabitants (2009)
- Area : 86 square kilometres
- Climate: Mild. Maximum average temperature in winter: 16°©/ in summer: 32°©
- Official languages: Spanish (English widely spoken)
- Currency: the Euro
- Local time: GMT +1
- Electricity: 220 volts